Priority Works Progress Meeting  (6) – 17/3/15 – Cultural Centre

Present:

Francisco Garcia (Mayor of Mazarron)

Paco Fernandez (Collaborator for Town Hall)

Carlota  Scheige(Coordinator/Translator for Town Hall)

Juan Miguel (Councillor for Services and Logistics)

Phil Gelling (CRA Chairman)

Jackie Drewe (CRA Vice Chair)

Sandy Allison (CRA Treasurer)

John Smith (CRA Committee Member)

Silvana Buxton (Independent Coordinator/Translator)

Harry (Los Palacios Gardening Group)

Issues Discussed

1. Street name signs for Sector B – Another part delivery due Wednesday 18th March

2. Street lights – Antonio unable to attend this meeting.

3. Green vegetation containers for Sector D – PG provided a map plotting the2 locations.

4. C16 Calle Albaida – JM provided the Agualia report. To be translated.

5. Legalisation of 8 properties on B4 and 3 on RU22.  FG informed that this will be covered and legalised by the Plan Parcial.

6. Defence against repeat flooding on Sector D – PF reported that Agualia are due to inspect drains for blockage next week.

7.  C14/15/16 – FG stated that relocation to other Masa properties is unlikely.  Street repairs will be carried out.  PG informed about the Camposol Action Group and suggested a meeting with Mark Paddon.  To be arranged.

8. C/Sorvilan D27 – JD asked whether this road will be completed/repaired at the same time as other roads.  PF noted.

9. Road markings on Camposol – JD requested that road  markings be applied at main road junctions .  PF noted

10. Outdated road sign – SA requested that the road sign to Mazarron at the end of C/Cuevas de Almonzola B5 be removed as this directs vehicles and lorries along the service road.  PF noted.

11. On behalf of Los Palacios, Harry put forward a number of requests.

Next Meeting – Tuesday 24th March 2015 – 12 noon Cultural Centre

Present:

Paco Fernandez (Collaborator for Town Hall)

Carlota  Scheige(Coordinator/Translator for Town Hall)

Juan Miguel (Councillor for Services and Logistics)

Phil Gelling (CRA Chairman)

Jackie Drewe (CRA Vice Chair)

John Smith (CRA Committee Member)

Silvana Buxton (Independent Coordinator/Translator)

Antonio (CAPI)

Issues Discussed

1.  Street name signs for Sector B – PG took part delivery of signs, to be passed on to B Clean Gardening Group.

2. Street lights – Antonio  gave his weekly update and informed us that his team are installing extra electrical boxes for some parts of D.  D31, D34, D37, D38,D21,D16,D22,D23 and D24 have required or require a substantial amount of rewiring.  OCA are due to inspect various locations next week, once approved work can then progress.  B3/B4 lighting to be checked tomorrow.

3. Green vegetation containers for Sector D – Need to clarify locations with gardening  group.

4. C16 Calle Albaida – JM was unable to bring the report due to privacy issues, he will request another report from Aqualia.

5. Legalisation of 8 properties on B4 and 3 on RU22.  To be discussed with the Mayor.

6. Embargoes – PF to arrange for a lawyer to speak to those affected, Carlota will confirm the date and time tomorrow.

7. Defence against repeat flooding on Sector D – PG informed that the rambla area has been cleared and that PF will arrange for Agualia to inspect the drains for blockages.

The CHS report was not available.

8.  C14/15/16 – To be discussed with the Mayor.

9.  Fly Tipping Posters – Town Hall approval is required prior to placing notices on bins.  SB to arrange.

Next Meeting – Tuesday 17th March 2015 – 12 noon Cultural Centre

Present:

Paco Fernandez (Collaborator for Town Hall)

Carlota  Scheige(Coordinator/Translator for Town Hall)

Juan Miguel (Councillor for Services and Logistics)

Phil Gelling (CRA Chairman)

Jackie Drewe (CRA Vice Chair)

Silvana Buxton (Independent Coordinator/Translator)

Antonio (CAPI)

Issues Discussed

1. Street name signs for Sector B – Delivery due this week

2.Street lights – Antonio  from CAPI the electrical contractor,  gave his weekly update and informed us that a lot of rewiring is needed for certain areas on D as no wiring exists.  They are looking into the areas on B where the lighting does not seem to be working.    They hope to progress to parts of Sector C next week.  Antonio also informed that while they have been working they have noticed that some of the lights are being tampered with on a regular basis.  If this continues it will be reported to the Guardia Civil.  He stressed that tampering with streetlights will only lead to delays and for re-certification of the wiring and control boxes.

3.Green vegetation containers for Sector D – The Town Hall would like to know where these should be located – PG to contact the Chairman of D Community Group

4. C16 Calle Albaida – JM to bring report with him for next meeting.

5. Legalisation of 8 properties on B4 and 3 on RU22.  JD provided the location of these properties .  PF has been in touch with an architect.  JM/PF to report further on this next week.

6. Embargoes –  PF will arrange for a lawyer to speak to those affected, to confirm date next week.

7. Defence against repeat flooding on Sector D –  Barricades – PF confirmed that the Town Hall would pay for these.

PG informed that the pipes were not being cleared sufficiently. (PF/JM/CS/PG/JD/SB later visited the area  where it was agreed that a technician would revisit the site)

PG requested that a copy of the CHS report be made available for next meeting.

8.  C14/15/16 – JD asked for an update on the meeting between the Mayor and Masa.  PF/JM stated that they would arrange for the Mayor to attend the progress meeting within the next few weeks.

9.  Benches – Tatiana has all details – all Gardening/Community groups to make contact with her to ensure their requirements are recorded.  PG to contact Gardening/Community groups to ensure completion of task.

Next Meeting – Tuesday 10th March 2015 – 12 noon Cultural Centre